[Development] Is clang still considered unsupported for Linux in Qt 5?

Donald Carr sirspudd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:16:48 CEST 2012

Top of the morning,

There is an infinite amount of insight on this list and a
complimentary infinite deficit in my noodle, so I thought I would put
it to the list:

building Qt with unsupported/linux-clang has worked gloriously (on
Linux) for most of the Qt 5 dev cycle although there was some
unparseable low level breakage in Qt Declarative at some point. This
is clearly fixed now, and I was wondering if there was a reason Clang
is not advancing to being a first class citizen, whether there was a
time frame for joining the CI system, what the outstanding issues were
and whether this was simply off the radars of the more freakishly
insightful tech-gnomes we have scuttling around.

Cheers,
Donald

--
 °v°  Donald Carr

Cave canem, te necet lingendo
Chasing my own tail; hate to see me leave, love to watch me go
Feeding the trolls is only marginally more rewarding than feeding the
pigeons, and carries the same consequences