[Development] QDoc can't ignore Q_PROPERTY

Andre Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Sat Mar 10 10:32:41 CET 2012

Op 9-3-2012 23:22, casper.vandonderen at nokia.com schreef:
> Just to make sure everybody understands:
> With this change applied all NOTIFY properties that are currently documented will not be documented anymore.
>
> If there are no objections before coming Tuesday (13 March) 09:00 Oslo time I will put this patch in.
I doubt if it is a good idea. Signals are often used outside the context
of properties. I'm already not all that enthousiastic about not having
the getters and the setters documented explicitly*, and now people will
have to start looking at several places in the documentation to find out
what signals there are too. I don't find that an improvement. I think it
is great to mention in the property documentation that there is a notify
signal and what that signal is and if that can be done automatically
than all the better, but please _don't_ make that the only documentation.

André

*) It makes me search at more than one place in the class documentation
for the available settings, as it is a bit arbitrary what is considered
a property and what is not. I think there are even cases where a pair of
getters & setters is only _documented_ as a property, but it is not
defined as a Q_PROPERTY so anyone trying to use them using the
properties API is at a loss at why that does not work...