[Development] QDoc can't ignore Q_PROPERTY

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Mon Mar 12 00:43:10 CET 2012

On 03/10/2012 07:32 PM, ext Andre Somers wrote:
> Signals are often used outside the context of properties.

Signals yes, but NOTIFY signals?

This change only affects signals marked as NOTIFY in a Q_PROPERTY macro.

> I'm already not all that enthousiastic about not having the getters
> and the setters documented explicitly*, and now people will have to
> start looking at several places in the documentation to find out what
> signals there are too.

This doesn't change the class overview. It only changes where links
point to.

So you can still see that the class has members foo, setFoo and
fooChanged but the links point to 1 place, the property documentation.

When you have a property, the getter, setter and notifier are
implementation details that don't matter to the property user.

> I think there are even cases where a pair of getters&  setters is
> only _documented_ as a property, but it is not defined as a
> Q_PROPERTY so anyone trying to use them using the properties API is
> at a loss at why that does not work...

You can't document members as a property without using Q_PROPERTY.

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/