[Development] Staging of qtdeclarative changes has been blocked while we try to unpin the qtbase SHA1

kent.hansen at nokia.com kent.hansen at nokia.com
Mon Mar 12 18:56:14 CET 2012

Hi,
After 4 CI rounds, the sucker finally got merged: qtdeclarative/master is tracking qtbase/master again. In the end we needed to stage eight changes at the same time to get it through, due to various flaky autotests and whatnot.

Besides flaky tests, we also have the general/recurring problem of changes going into qtbase that break qtdeclarative (and possibly/likely other modules). While I realize it's time-consuming for everyone to manually build and run the qtdeclarative tests (or entire qt5.git) when you're working on qtbase, please at least take the time to consider how your change might affect other modules. If you're unsure and/or would like someone else's opinion on the possible impact, feel free to send an email to this list, or ask on IRC. Thanks.

Best regards,
Kent