[Development] Qt 5 and old versions of XCB

Bradley Smith bsmith at baysmith.com
Sun Mar 18 18:28:58 CET 2012

> Every Linux distro uses X.org, which uses XCB.

 Including openSUSE 11.1, but just any XCB is not enough. It needs to be
more recent than some version. For users with an incompatible version of
XCB, I think we can provide a better user experience than hitting compiler
errors when building Qt. If someone knows the minimum version required,
hopefully configure tests can check for it.

While trying to upgrade XCB, I also found that OpenGL support was only
enabled if the xcb-xlib configuration test passed. I don't believe this
limitation was reported by the configuration output either.