[Development] Commit policies and the Qt 5 alpha

Thorbjørn Martsum tmartsum at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:19:56 CET 2012

Hi Lars

You are the boss :) - and I am not disagreeing that this should happen
rather sooner then later (it is actually happening very late if the final
release plan still says june),
but I however think it would be better (in the future) to announce such an
api soft freeze a few days before it happens.

I think some of current codereview pending api_changes would either be in
Qt by now or abandoned if this had been announced e.g a week ago.

I have a small change like
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,20352- I know it is not an
ML issue (since this it is just something we should
try to avoid).
But I would either have preferred avoided making it or made sure got into
Qt before such a soft api soft freeze (where we should try to avoid binary
incompatible changes).

If anything has been announced and I have missed it - or this actually was
the idea with the feature freeze - I would like to apologize in advance :).

Regards
Thorbjørn