[Development] The qtbase CI should run the qtdeclarative tests

kent.hansen at nokia.com kent.hansen at nokia.com
Mon Mar 19 20:01:17 CET 2012

(Top-posting from webmail)
Yes, we should try to add tests to qtbase when a bug is caught by a qtdeclarative test, just like we add tests for any other bug fix.

http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,19582 broke qquicktextinput. http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,20286 fixed it, but no new test was added.

For http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,19591 I requested at test, but apparently there's some IPv4 vs 6 special configuration needed for it to make sense. I don't know why the test can't be in qtbase; the TestHTTPServer that was crashing in qtdeclarative is running on the local host, I don't think it's doing anything super-special. But I'm not a network guy. :)

I'm not out to put the blame on individual commits. I'm saying it's _good_ that qtdeclarative exercises so much of qtbase, and that we should use that to our advantage in the CI if we can.

Kent