[Development] The qtbase CI should run the qtdeclarative tests

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Mon Mar 19 21:15:05 CET 2012

> For http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,19591 I requested at test,
> but apparently there's some IPv4 vs 6 special configuration needed for
> it to make sense. I don't know why the test can't be in qtbase; the
> TestHTTPServer that was crashing in qtdeclarative is running on the
> local host, I don't think it's doing anything super-special. But I'm
> not a network guy. :)

The http network test (tst_qnetworkreply) is still disabled in CI on all platforms because of a hard to reproduce crash on exit (1/200)

Mostly we test QNetworkAccessManager against the test server rather than localhost (to test Qt against other implementations rather than only against itself)
However if you have a suitable loopback test case for this, I'd welcome it.

The test server requires an upgrade before we can do dual stack testing against it.
The danted* SOCKS proxy doesn't support IPv6 (SS5** does, but isn't available as a package, only a source tarball)
The squid3 HTTP proxy needs a package update and configuration change
Apache needs a configuration change
Vsftpd needs a configuration change, possibly a package update
The frox FTP proxy doesn't support IPv6 (I have not looked for an alternative.)
FTP is not network layer transparent

Also, it needs IPv6 address for qt-test-server in the hosts file of the DUT, which isn't convenient with link local addresses.

I do want this to happen, but getting the existing autotests re-enabled is higher priority.

*We're also using an ancient version, the current 1.1.19 results in some XPASS but also some FAILs due to regressions on the server side.
** I have no idea of the quality or stability of this implementation

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.