[Development] [Releasing] Qt 4.8.1 release during week 11/2012

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Tue Mar 20 11:56:50 CET 2012

On 20.3.2012 11.11, "marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com"
<marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com> wrote:

>Please don't create the tags yet though. I've heard that there are a
>couple of things that needs to be fixed first, though I have not received
>an email on the issues yet.

If there is something critical, we can of course fix. But since 4.8.1 is
done without a branch, we can not easily pick any single items into the
source. We would by default need to take in all the contributions up until
the fix, which causes all items to be re-done and tested. As there is a
large amount of eagerly waited fixes already in 4.8.1 I would not like to
wait a couple of more weeks with it (as would be the case if we start over
with the testing).

4.8.1 is the first patch release of 4.8 series - definitely not the last.
So for any minor problems, I would like to include fixes for the 4.8.2
release (and to make it quite soon, in less than 2 months).

Yours,

		Tuukka