[Development] New QUrl reviewing

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Sat Mar 31 18:14:50 CEST 2012

On Friday, March 30, 2012 12:45:44 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sexta-feira, 30 de março de 2012 17.00.15, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 29, 2012 23:31:38 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > We really need the topic branch reviewing feature back in. It's no
> > > fun
> > > staging 19, 20, 20 and 21 changes...
> >
> > Did you consider staging them a few commits at a time?
>
> Yes. The tests might not pass. In fact, the very first commit had a test
> failure which was fixed later on and I wasn't about to figure out what had
> fixed it.
>
> It's all or nothing. That's what the topic branch feature is for.

That means in the future anyone debugging a bug introduced in one of the
patches will also get unrelated failures in the unit tests, or maybe won't be
able to bisect.

Also definitely not ideal, but you're more likely to be debugging it in the
future than me...

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer