[Development] QtPrintSupport - Platform Support

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Wed May 2 00:21:50 CEST 2012

On Monday 30 Apr 2012 09:06:28 morten.sorvig at nokia.com wrote:
> That would be "not possible". QtGui and Widgets loads the Cocoa backend as a
> plugin and does not link agains it.
>
> I think the only options are either duplicating the neccesary code to
> support QCoreGraphicsPaintEngine in printsupport, or let it live in the
> cocoa plugin and "export" it using QCocoaNativeInterface.  I don't like
> duplicating code so we went with the latter approach.
>
> Morten

Thanks Morten, I understand it now, you never understand a thing properly
until you try break it apart :-)  I'll document that somewhere and set a task
for "some future release" to see if we can at least untangle QMacPrintEngine
and QCocoaPrinterSupport from QCoreGraphicsPaintEngine and move them into the
printer plugin.

I've been testing the Mac printing and unfortunately hit a couple of release
blockers that it would be great if a Mac person could have a look at sometime
and give an opinion:

Cheers!

John.