[Development] Dynamic QtServiceFramework backend.

jan-arve.saether at nokia.com jan-arve.saether at nokia.com
Wed May 2 16:16:40 CEST 2012

ext Corentin Jabot wrote on 2012-05-02:

> bool
> QServiceManager::setInterProcessMethod(QService::InterProcessMethod);
>
> enum QService::InterProcessMethod {
>            Native,
>            LocalSocket,
>            DBus
> }

Wouldn't

enum QService::InterProcessMethod {
           Native,
           LocalSocket
}

be sufficient?

I've hardly used the service framework, but I don't see why DBus enum value is strictly needed, since it would lead to less portable code:

mgr->setInterProcessMethod(QService::DBus);

is less portable than

mgr->setInterProcessMethod(QService::Native);

Limiting the enum values to be cross-platform would keep the API simpler, and _maybe_
the implementation would be simpler too, since we don't have to deal with the condition
where the desired IPC mechanism is not available.

Jan-Arve