[Development] No implementation hints in Qt Documentation

Pierre Vorhagen pvorhagen at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:40:19 CEST 2012

On 03/05/12 12:30, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> There's also another option, which is to have a "Qt developers documentation",
> probably matching the next unreleased version of Qt. That way, we, the
> developers, can easily locate the source code when proof-reading our
> documentation and verify that it does what it says it should do.
That sounds like a great idea. A developer-doc that would complement the
official one with implementation specifics would be a fine resource, and
I guess it wouldn't need to affect the official one, although I don't
see the harm in 1 discrete link per class pointing to the developer-doc
alter ego.

> IMHO, the developer documentation should be in the code, like for
> QSharedPointer.

Completely agree. Nothing worse than out-of-sync documentation.

Also, this approach might be a good solution for QPA, as that is of no
relevance to normal developers, but should definitely have its place
somewhere to further clarify the platform plugin development process.

Regards,
Pierre