[Development] pixel tracing for ui debugging

André Bergner andre.bergner.0 at googlemail.com
Mon May 14 17:14:27 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I would like to add pixel tracing feature to my software whose UI is
done entirely in QML.
Precisely, I want to have some form of analysis mode which works as
follows. If I click
a pixel of my qml rendered scene I want to output some debugging
information which
tells me to which qml item the pixel I clicked belongs to, or in the
case of alpha blending
a list of items with a percentage value attached to them.
So in other words I want to have a function in my program like this:

   QList< pair<QQuickItem*,double> >  QQuickCanvas::getItemsForPixel(
int x , int y )

Does somebody have an idea of how to accomplish something like this?
In principle the
scene graph is having exact this information. Can I access that
somehow from the outside?

cheers, André