[Development] Cross build failed of unsupported/win32-g++-cross mkspecs

k blammo k.blammo at gmail.com
Wed May 16 07:13:09 CEST 2012

On 16/05/2012 06:42, Loaden wrote:
> Hi, All!
> I want cross build Qt5.0 on Ubuntu 12.04, because I deleted all Windows
> OS on my laptop.
> But now I have a trouble of the cross build. So, I need you help in here.

Just a recap for myself and those just tuning in. Please correct me if
I'm wrong:

* You tried building with -qt-zlib --> this failed (if so, please give
us the corresponding log / build errors)

* You tried building without (i.e., defaulting to system-zlib) this
failed with linking errors --> Mark Brand and I think this is a problem
with your setup, as it works for us.

* Because of the first issue you forced the inclusion of Qt's zlib by
specifiying it in the relevant gui.pro and network.pro files.

Seems to me the /real/ bug here is: Why doesn't Qt pick up the bundled
zlib when it is told to. I will try to reproduce but since I'm building
this on my grand-dads old pocket watch that will take a while.

Kind regards,

kb