[Development] Source code path in the debug information

vivo75 at gmail.com vivo75 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:59:37 CEST 2012

Il 16/05/2012 10:17, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
> On quarta-feira, 16 de maio de 2012 02.49.31, song.7.liu at nokia.com wrote:
>> I am trying to copy libQtCore.so.5.0.0 to another different folder to debug
>> with my application, but find that I can't step into the source code.
>>
>> After look into libQtCore, it seems that the path of source code is relative
>> instead absolute, for example as bellow:
>>
>> ../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h:
>> qstring.h                                    694            0x15013a
>>
>> So is there a way to use the absolute path to build out a debug version of
>> libQtCore ? Or does anyone have some idea about this issue?
> Those paths are not Qt's doing, but they come instead from the compiler. It
> chooses how to save the path on the debug information.
>
> In the case above, the path is an artifact of the #includes that were
> followed.

the following links provide information on how to inform gdb of where
are the sources and debug files.
For your case however a re-compile of qt would be the fastest solution
IMO (as implied in previous email)

https://blogs.oracle.com/dbx/entry/gnu_debuglink_or_debugging_system
http://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Separate-Debug-Files.html