[Development] The place of QML

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Wed May 16 19:24:25 CEST 2012

Robin:

  Thank you for explaining, succinctly, one of the critical
  differences between commercial software and FOSS: Commercial
  software contains those features that the customers will pay
  for while FOSS only contains features that the developers are
  interested in developing (for their own use or as a hobby).

  The FOSS developers *HOPE* that their interests are congruent
  with those of the mere customers and at least in QT's world,
  there's some evidence that this is true for some customers
  but there is also mounting evidence that this is decidedly
  *NOT TRUE* for other customers, hence our current debate
  about QML Qt versus QWidget Qt.

                             Atlant