[Development] qtphonon's status.

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu May 17 23:50:30 CEST 2012

On Thursday 17 May 2012 21:42:03 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 17 de maio de 2012 19.03.30, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> > >What's the difference between webkit and phonon in this regard?
> >
> > Webkit isn't hosted on qt-project neither, so removing it from qt-project
> > is the right choice if it's being developed somewhere else.
>
> The "qt5-module.git" repository of Qt WebKit is a branch of the webkit SVN
> that contains the latest version supposed to work with Qt. It's not exactly
> the same thing.
>
> If the Phonon devs do the same for qtphonon.git, I don't see a problem in
> keeping the repository around. That's not the current situation.

The phonon upstream repository is itself modularized into several sub-
repositories (core + one per backend)

Also, as I pointed out, the upstream phonon requires cmake for building.
It could theoretically be possible to create the qmake .pro files, but then
someone will need to maintain them.
(I personaly think it is fine to have add-ons requiring cmake. But I don't
know about qt5.git)

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com