[Development] Binary incompatible changes to Qt 4.8

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Mon May 28 07:45:12 CEST 2012

On 28.5.2012 1.47, "Rohan McGovern" <rohan.mcgovern at nokia.com> wrote:

>Turunen Tuukka said:

>>same
>> >
>> >Yes, makes sense.
>>
>> If feasible, I would like to see both Mac OS X 10.8 and Windows 8 (to
>>the
>> extent it is know at that time) working in the 4.8.3 release, as well as
>> Ubuntu 12.04.
>>
>> In addition to making the obvious fixes it would be important to do
>> regular CI on these platforms as well, if possible. Do you think it is
>> feasible?
>>

>Are you asking for those three platforms to be added to the Qt Project
>CI?
>
>If so, I think that would be feasible for Ubuntu 12.04 before Qt 4.8.3,
>but not the others.

Or more asking if it is possible, which you answered to ;)

Unless a configuration is not in the CI system, I do not see it possible
to say it is a reference / Tier 1 configuration. It can be made to work,
but is prone to errors.

As 4.8 will be a long lived platform, it would be good to add these new
operating systems to the CI and testing system. In case of a 'normal patch
release' this naturally would not be so important.

Do you think these can be added after 4.8.3 (which is planned to be
released in August, depending a bit on the 5.0.0 schedule)?

Yours,

		Tuukka