[Development] [JEG] JIRA changes

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue May 29 15:44:30 CEST 2012

Hi Mark,

In general: thanks for your efforts!

> In recent weeks, there have been some changes to JIRA with an aim towards lowering the barrier of access to the system.

There could be a better communication in the future. At least, I have
not been aware of those changes in the "background". Perhaps at least
the communication could happen over the development, the jeg or both
mailing lists in the future (hope a minimal amount of communication
does not involve legal issues). Just a note for plans, like the Jira,
Gerrit or other software updates are announced. I was seeing the
situation desperate until today. This is a nice news. ;-)

> 2) QTPLAYGROUND project created and a single component and version have been established as the minimal criteria to allow completion of compulsory issue fields.

Thanks, I have just updated the wikipage with reporting bugs against
the QtSerialPort add-on.

> The new project was delayed by approval workflow impediments related to enacting the permission changes.  As it was, creating the new project would have been impossible.  When Components are created a Component Lead, who needs to be assignable, is also populated.  As the people asking for the "qtserialport" component for instance are not approvers (ie not assignable under the previous setup), they couldn't have issues assigned to them.

The component lead cannot still assign bugs to others. Is this the
matter of updating the system or we miss something ?
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTPLAYGROUND-1

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp