[Development] QtScript vs Qml/QJsEngine ?

Diego Iastrubni diegoiast at gmail.com
Wed May 30 15:23:49 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Olivier Goffart <olivier at woboq.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 26 May 2012 12:51:23 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a discussion on a kde list touching on whether there is a
> > replacement for QtScript in Qt 5.
> >
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.kwrite/32993/focus=75079
> >
> > Is the QJSEngine the start of public API providing a replacement for
> > QtScript?

So as an application developer, which wants to add JS scripting
capabilities to JavaScript code (so user can extend my application). What
are my options?

How can I load JS files, and call some specific functions defined
internally in those JS? I will also need to expose some API of mine to
those JS files.

(Note: I am not talking about QML at all)