[Development] (Harmattan) Qt Quick Components & Qt 5

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Wed May 30 20:28:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

We have started a community device seeding activity to encourage brave
developers porting their mobile apps to Qt 5

http://wiki.maemo.org/Summer'12_Device_Program/Qt_5_Mobile_Projects

Many candidates are showing their Qt 4 mobile projects, that happen to
rely in (Harmattan) Qt Quick Components. They may or may not be aware
that, as for today, those components are not available for Qt 5. I have
asked around (Donald, Johannes, Girish, Rajiv) and their first
impression is that porting those components shouldn't be rocket science
although there might be problems with polished look & feel (something we
can probably bare with for this device seeding activity, experimental in
nature).

Question: do you believe there is a value in promoting an effort to port
those components here and now? Anybody else thinking or working along
these lines?

We can always have the option to go only for games and other apps alike
with no or own custom components.

--
Quim