[Development] Alpha 2 this week or skip it

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Thu May 31 16:02:19 CEST 2012

On 31.5.2012 16.50, "lars.knoll at nokia.com" <lars.knoll at nokia.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately it took a bit longer than I thought to get binary packages.
>So yes, an alpha 2 might not make as much sense anymore as we had hoped
>for.
>
>Now that we have the packages, I think our main focus should be to get the
>beta out. From the implementation side I think we're in an ok shape for a
>beta, so it's mostly about making sure the packaging is good and testing
>that we don't have any bigger showstoppers.

We have been working with the SDK packaging, and it is ongoing quite well.

If all goes well, we have also the automated SDK installer creation
process working next week.

There are some things we need to get into the installer framework and
scripts repos before it is possible to have the Qt 5 SDK created.

For the packaging we still have some issues with Windows and Mac, but
these should be possible to resolve. Iikka, Johanna and Simo have been
working actively together and progress is good.

PS. I also think there is no need for Alpha 2, it is better to aim full
speed for the beta.

Yours,

		Tuukka