[Development] Request for a new playground project

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Thu Nov 1 09:01:30 CET 2012

On Oct 31, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Jarkko Laitinen <jlaitinen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been developing a cloud integration module for Qt. The working name for the project is QCloud. It provides an API to do requests to Amazons S3 and Windows Azure. This has been my masters thesis project and it has been done with consultation from Digia. The project is in that kind of a state that it could be uploaded to playground. I am not sure what the project should contain when it is uploaded to the playground, documentation is almost done but tests are still incomplete. I will include a readme that helps with the installation and the documentation should provide enough information for the developers on how to use the module. I am happy to answer more questions if there are any.

This is very interesting, I would really like to see Qt get built-in S3 support. I think there is interest in the community for collaborating on this type of project as well. (I have a Picasa client that could with some effort be completed and included.)

Can you give a brief example of what the API looks like? Are there any external dependencies except Qt?

Morten