[Development] Request for a new playground project

Jarkko Laitinen jlaitinen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 10:01:28 CET 2012

The API at the moment supports the following operations: getting the list
of buckets/containers from a certain users account, getting the contents of
a certain bucket/container, getting a file from a bucket, putting a file to
a certain bucket and creating/deleting buckets/files. At the moment there
is no synchronization settings and thus the user needs to make the decision
on overriding files in the cloud.

The API works via the REST-interfaces of the forementioned services and
does not have any external dependencies. The communication with the
services is done with QNetworkAccessManager. QCloud requires Qt5 as
implementation of SHA256 does not exist in earlier versions (I did port the
SHA256 implementation from Qt5 to Qt4.8.3 and it did work perfectly). I am
still developing the API as we speak but the general overview and the
structure of the API will not change anymore. There is still much to be
done for the API to be complete.

I would be really happy if there would be interest on collaborating on the
project as it would be valuable information to add to my thesis and or a
publication.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Sorvig Morten <Morten.Sorvig at digia.com>wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Jarkko Laitinen <jlaitinen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been developing a cloud integration module for Qt. The working
> name for the project is QCloud. It provides an API to do requests to
> Amazons S3 and Windows Azure. This has been my masters thesis project and
> it has been done with consultation from Digia. The project is in that kind
> of a state that it could be uploaded to playground. I am not sure what the
> project should contain when it is uploaded to the playground, documentation
> is almost done but tests are still incomplete. I will include a readme that
> helps with the installation and the documentation should provide enough
> information for the developers on how to use the module. I am happy to
> answer more questions if there are any.
>
> This is very interesting, I would really like to see Qt get built-in S3
> support. I think there is interest in the community for collaborating on
> this type of project as well. (I have a Picasa client that could with some
> effort be completed and included.)
>
> Can you give a brief example of what the API looks like? Are there any
> external dependencies except Qt?
>
> Morten

-Jarkko Laitinen-