[Development] Status of WP8 port

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Fri Nov 2 00:58:00 CET 2012

> From: Baldo Davide <baldosoft at gmail.com<mailto:baldosoft at gmail.com>>
> Date: perjantaina 2. marraskuuta 2012 1.31
> To: "development at qt-project.org<mailto:development at qt-project.org>" <development at qt-project.org<mailto:development at qt-project.org>>
> Subject: Re: [Development] Status of WP8 port
>
> It would be nice to have 2 weeks update for each major internal project, qt blog is almost dead since it's passed to digia.
> Without any update digia is loosing credibility, but we all know that digia is worthy of trust and credibility, don't we?

I am sorry to hear you find the Qt Blog having too little articles for you. We are continuously blogging on interesting topics, for example the last 4 blogs have been about: Styles in Qt 5, Using Angle for HW accelerated graphics on Windows, Release of Qt Creator 2.6 beta and Widgets on header – published in less than 2 weeks. I think those are all interesting articles and luckily so do many others.

What comes to WP8 we believe it is more important to tackle Android and iOS first, as discussed earlier. It does not mean we do not care about WP8. There is just so much more user base in Android and iOS that we think it would be outright stupid not to address those.

Yours,

Tuukka