[Development] Status of WP8 port

Nicola De Filippo nicola at nicoladefilippo.it
Fri Nov 2 12:44:43 CET 2012

Hi,
i'm qt ambasassor and monday i'll begin a new job how mobile expert, i should
to choose cross-platform tool, for android, windows, iphone and if possible
other platforms.
Thus, for me i fundamental know the platforms supported of Qt, time of
releasing, licence.
Also, what's the relationship with necessitas?
I use qt from 1997 and i hope of use it for other 30 years.
                  BR
                                                           Nicola

It's good news that Digia is targetting iOS and Android platforms, which have
huge user base, I wonder how are these ports going, though ?
You guys planning to have an alpha this year for any of the platforms ?

I am asking as our team is preparing a tablet app which should be running on
Android and iPad earlny next year and we don't see other option than using Qt.

Kacper Gazda
Founder/CEO

Milo Solutions
(+48) 604131027

http://milosolutions.com

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Turunen Tuukka <Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com>
wrote:

> From: Baldo Davide <baldosoft at gmail.com>
> Date: perjantaina 2. marraskuuta 2012 1.31
> To: "development at qt-project.org" <development at qt-project.org>
> Subject: Re: [Development] Status of WP8 port

> It would be nice to have 2 weeks update for each major internal project, qt
blog is almost dead since it's passed to digia.
> Without any update digia is loosing credibility, but we all know that digia
is worthy of trust and credibility, don't we?

I am sorry to hear you find the Qt Blog having too little articles for you.
We are continuously blogging on interesting topics, for example the last
4 blogs have been about: Styles in Qt 5, Using Angle for HW accelerated
graphics on Windows, Release of Qt Creator 2.6 beta and Widgets on
header – published in less than 2 weeks. I think those are all interesting
articles and luckily so do many others.

What comes to WP8 we believe it is more important to tackle Android
and iOS first, as discussed earlier. It does not mean we do not care
about WP8. There is just so much more user base in Android and iOS
that we think it would be outright stupid not to address those.

Yours,

Tuukka