[Development] Status of WP8 port

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sat Nov 3 23:02:49 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Turunen Tuukka <Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com>wrote:

>  What comes to WP8 we believe it is more important to tackle Android and
> iOS first, as discussed earlier. It does not mean we do not care about WP8.
> There is just so much more user base in Android and iOS that we think it
> would be outright stupid not to address those.

While I agree iOS and Android are currently bigger than WP8, it's the
similarity between Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 what made send the
question in the first place. Properly supporting Metro applications with Qt
for Windows 8 in C++ almost implies implementing the same features that
would enable Qt for WP8.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org