[Development] Proposal: New list of Qt 5 reference / Tier 1 platforms

Charley Bay charleyb123 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:59:03 CET 2012

Kai spaketh:
> The list of reference & Tier 1 platforms at http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5#Platforms
> is somewhat out of date ... Here is a new proposal <snip>,

Seems fine to me.

An aside -- serious suggestion:

We are successfully using the, "MSVS2010, SP1" compiler within the
"MSVS2008 IDE" using the steps found here:

<http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/105011/Using-Visual-Studio-2008-IDE-with-Visual-C-2010-co>

IMHO, the MSVS2010 IDE is, "badly-broken" and quite unusable for our needs.

REQUEST:  For the Tier-1 "MSVS2010, SP1, Win7-32bit" release, IT WOULD
BE NICE if "QMake" would still have the OPTION to generate "MSVS2008
*.vcproj" instances.  Please.  Pretty Please.  And then, I will send
you home-made cookies.  Every month.

--charley