[Development] Proposal: New list of Qt 5 reference / Tier 1 platforms

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Nov 7 13:26:26 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Kate Alhola <kate.alhola at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are no longer ANY mobile platform among Tier-1 platforms at all.
> "linux-arm7-gcc-wayland Linux, ARM7, Wayland. To be specified in more
> detail" can be MeeGo/SailFish but that's very little for us, mobile
> developers. Why there is not even Android even it is leading mobile
> platform and Qt works fine on it.  To have even some degree of reasonable
> cross platform story, least Android and iOS should be there.
>
> Qt for mobile is not dead after Nokia but I rather say that it is only
> cross platform mobile toolkit. Html5 is only .

I have always been surprised why there has no been more work done on the CI
front towards the very common ARM platform. I had to catch common ARM
issues on Harmattan and elsewhere (not only mobile phone material) that
pretty much came up for all the cases. Such things would have been really
nice to be caught by CI.

Laszlo