[Development] Qt 4.8.4 bug: mac menu bar not properly shown

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Mon Nov 12 11:36:14 CET 2012

Il 09/11/2012 18.48, Calogero Mauceri ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On the Mac version of my application, the menu bar is no more properly
> shown using the Qt 4.8.4_RC2.
> You can see the same problem in the mainwindows|application example.
> Attached are some screenshots showing the problem.
>
> The menu bar is properly working with Qt 4.8.3.
>
> Do you suggest to open a bugreport?

I can confirm that this bug was introduced in Mac version of Qt
4.8.4_RC2 compiled with Carbon framework. The applicatin menu bar is
properly shown with Qt 4.8.3 (Carbon framework as well).

We are obliged to use Carbon framework due to this bug
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27879 which is causing
all modeless dialogs to disappear behind the main application whenever
the user clicks outside them (this is a very serious problem, e.g.
consider a Find/Replace dialog which always needs to be on top of the
main application window).

I just commited a new bug report for that problem

Calogero

--
Calogero Mauceri
Software Engineer

Applied Coherent Technology Corporation (ACT)
www.actgate.com