[Development] Proposal: New list of Qt 5 reference / Tier 1 platforms

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Nov 13 14:17:26 CET 2012

Hi,

Since there hasn't been strong objections against the list I updated the page (starting with a more general note that Windows, Linux and Mac OS X are the supported platforms, as Thiago suggested) : http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5 . That doesn't mean though that we can't extend it further ... here are some (personal) remarks to some comments:

Friedemann said he'd like to have msvc 2010 64 bit as reference platform, maybe replacing msvc 2010 32 bit. Problems I see is that we don't test it right now in the CI system, and that e.g. qtwebkit has currently problems on windows 64 bit.

Tukka and Qi Liang wants to see OS X 10.8 (maybe replacing 10.6) in the list. The feasibility of this is probably something again for the CI system maintainers + mac platform maintainer (Morten) to answer...

Tukka also wants to see Windows 8 (maybe replacing XP). Maybe Friedemann (platform maintainer) can comment as platform maintainer whether that is a good idea?

Peter said RIM is working towards making Qt 5 working on the Blackberry 10 (ARM and x86) . I think it would be fine with adding it to the list of tier 1 platforms (even without CI), as long as it's part of the release process (testing, packaging etc) and also properly tested.

Regards

Kai