[Development] Proposal: New list of Qt 5 reference / Tier 1 platforms

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Fri Nov 16 10:12:55 CET 2012

On 16.11.2012 10.39, "Qi Liang" <Liang.Qi at digia.com> wrote:

>For real auto test, it's very different to run between on real hardware
>and on other emulator solutions.
>
>But I agree with Thiago that emulator solutions is better than real
>hardware for CI, CI can't be too slow on some specific platforms.

Exactly. We have another system in place at Digia that runs automated
tests in much larger amount of platforms than are in the CI. These include
a number of different embedded operating systems running on some different
HW platforms.

>We really need to have daily build and auto test running on some selected
>hardware platforms, but not in CI. At least it could give some feedback
>to the developers who focus on those specific platforms. We did that
>before for symbian/meego.

Correct. The current release test system is in no way connected to the CI
(except that we leverage same test asset and built the automation on top
of it), and currently only running with 4.8. We need to connect this to
the CI and overall test system at some point after we have 5.0.0
completed.

Yours,

		Tuukka