[Development] Qt3D Maintainer

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Fri Nov 16 17:03:12 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

I hope everyone who attended the Qt Developer Days has recovered now.
One topic that came up a few times in discussions there was the
maintainership of the Qt3D module. This module has seen very few commits
recently and as already noted on the list will not form part of the
official Qt5 release.

To breathe some life back into this module myself and, James Turner
<james at kdab.com>, are hereby offering to take over the development and
maintainership of Qt3D.

I have only made a few commits to this module in the past as I have been
concentrating on other parts of the OpenGL stack elsewhere to be ready
for Qt5. However, as those of you who attended the OpenGL training
and/or talks will know, OpenGL with Qt is something that I care deeply
about and would like to see as part of a future Qt5.x release. I have
some ideas on some neat things we could add to Qt3D in the future but it
will take a little while to review the current status of the code and
get to grips with it.

I would like to ask for some feedback from the list as to whether this
would be an acceptable way forwards for this module.

Kind regards,

Sean

--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer