[Development] Qt3D Maintainer

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Fri Nov 16 17:37:28 CET 2012

On Fri, November 16, 2012 04:03:12 PM Sean Harmer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I hope everyone who attended the Qt Developer Days has recovered now.
> One topic that came up a few times in discussions there was the
> maintainership of the Qt3D module. This module has seen very few commits
> recently and as already noted on the list will not form part of the
> official Qt5 release.
>
> To breathe some life back into this module myself and, James Turner
> <james at kdab.com>, are hereby offering to take over the development and
> maintainership of Qt3D.
>
> I have only made a few commits to this module in the past as I have been
> concentrating on other parts of the OpenGL stack elsewhere to be ready
> for Qt5. However, as those of you who attended the OpenGL training
> and/or talks will know, OpenGL with Qt is something that I care deeply
> about and would like to see as part of a future Qt5.x release. I have
> some ideas on some neat things we could add to Qt3D in the future but it
> will take a little while to review the current status of the code and
> get to grips with it.

I can imagine  ... I personally never dared to look too deep ;)

> I would like to ask for some feedback from the list as to whether this
> would be an acceptable way forwards for this module.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Sean

Nice! great that you're brave enough to step up :)

Be prepared to receive bug reports and features requests ;)
 ... hopefully some changes to review as well :)

If I can help be testing, reviewing or anything else, let me know.

Greets
Thomas