[Development] Frameworks on Mac?

Shaw Andy Andy.Shaw at digia.com
Thu Nov 22 06:31:50 CET 2012

> When I was doing the lib renaming, I thought we had concluded that
> frameworks
> on Mac were not going to be supported anymore.
>
> Imagine my surprise when I finish my first successful build on Mac and
> discover
> that frameworks are the default...
>
> I guess we should change, right? I'm not asking to remove the ability to
> create frameworks, but just change the default to not building frameworks.

Since I can't keep up with everything I must have missed the discussion so I don't know if this will have already been covered, but isn't the standard approach for libraries as far as Mac is concerned to use frameworks?  If we are changing from frameworks as the default to shared libraries then will macdeployqt continue to work?

Andy