[Development] Frameworks on Mac?

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Thu Nov 22 08:44:24 CET 2012

Can't find it anything on qt-development at . Maybe you are referring to this thread on qt-interest

http://www.mail-archive.com/interest@qt-project.org/msg04227.html

Anyway, the packaging for the binary installers relies on Qt using frameworks, we're documenting them as the preferred way in the documentation, and macdeployqt relies on them too. So changing this for 5.0 sounds like a major change , certainly posing a big risk for 5.0 schedule.

> Imagine my surprise when I finish my first successful build on Mac and
> discover that frameworks are the default...

Did your library renaming break anything with Frameworks, or did you just stumble over it?

Regards

Kai