[Development] Frameworks on Mac?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Nov 22 16:53:00 CET 2012

On quinta-feira, 22 de novembro de 2012 07.44.24, Koehne Kai wrote:
> > When I was doing the lib renaming, I thought we had concluded that
> > frameworks on Mac were not going to be supported anymore.
>
> Can't find it anything on qt-development at . Maybe you are referring to this
> thread on qt-interest

I guess I misunderstood or I'm remembering things wrong then.

I think the decision was to remove the global install of Qt to
/Library/Frameworks. Instead, Qt always comes in a "sysroot-style" prefix,
whether it contains frameworks or pure dylibs.

> > Imagine my surprise when I finish my first successful build on Mac and
> > discover that frameworks are the default...
>
> Did your library renaming break anything with Frameworks, or did you just
> stumble over it?

There was a breakage, but that was avoided by not renaming the libraries when
frameworks are built.