[Development] Examples packaging

Charley Bay charleyb123 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:04:29 CET 2012

Maurice spaketh:

> ><snip>,
> > My question is, what are the benefits compared to picking the example
> source code from the source package directly. Does anybody really want to
> have prebuilt binaries in the examples directory? Current assumption is
> that you go through the list via Qt Creator and build the examples are
> required for testing purposes.

Alan respondeth:

> To my knowledge the point of having prebuilt examples is for use in
> QtDemo. This demo application did a great job showcasing Qts
> functionality even before developers chose to start an IDE.

+1

IMHO, it's quite important for people to be able to "see-and-run" the demos
before starting the IDE, before doing anything.

With the new dynamic interfaces, and rich network capability, etc., these
demos should really *attract* developers to adopt Qt, and we want to make
that introduction as easy-and-exciting-as-possible.

--charley