[Development] Frameworks on Mac?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Nov 23 16:57:47 CET 2012

On sexta-feira, 23 de novembro de 2012 14.20.31, Tor Arne Vestbø wrote:
> Regarding the installation path, /Library/Frameworks makes more sense
> than /usr/local/Qt to me. What's the benefit of switching that?

The point is that a global installation of Qt on Mac makes little sense. A
global installation is by necessity maintained by the system itself, through
its package management. Maybe MacPorts or HomeBrew could do it, but those
often restrict themselves to /usr/local.

If there's no global installation of Qt and package management in that system,
then application developers are forced to bundle Qt with their applications.
The same applies to Windows.