[Development] Frameworks on Mac?

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Mon Nov 26 12:09:09 CET 2012

On 22 Nov 2012, at 16:53, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On quinta-feira, 22 de novembro de 2012 07.44.24, Koehne Kai wrote:
>>> When I was doing the lib renaming, I thought we had concluded that
>>> frameworks on Mac were not going to be supported anymore.
>>
>> Can't find it anything on qt-development at . Maybe you are referring to this
>> thread on qt-interest
>>

> I guess I misunderstood or I'm remembering things wrong then.
>
> I think the decision was to remove the global install of Qt to
> /Library/Frameworks. Instead, Qt always comes in a "sysroot-style" prefix,
> whether it contains frameworks or pure dylibs.

Yes, that was what we were talking about.
It was not about removing framework support from Qt, but about that we should not install Qt in a system wide location (/Library/Frameworks). Which, as a prominently example, Xcode also has changed to (it installs the sysroots into the Xcode app bundle instead of the global /Developer directory).

We do it "correctly" with the SDKs since we create them, and now also with the Qt5 installers, so we only have the legacy Qt 4 -only installers do global installs anyhow.

++ Eike