[Development] Qt4.8.x, qdoc3 not available Qt env variables from *.qdocconf file

Lincoln Ramsay a1291762 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:26:06 CET 2012

On 28/11/12 22:45, Denis Shienkov wrote:
> Why not available Qt env variables from *.qdocconf file?
>
> For example,
>
> I need specify path to Qt Doc installation directory from my.qdocconf file:

> indexes = $QT_INSTALL_DOCS/doc/html/qt.index

$ in a .qdocconf file uses environment variables. If the variable isn't
set in the environment, it won't be found.

If you're creating the docs rule yourself, you can set the environment
as part of the rule.

eg.
docs.commands="QT_INSTALL_DOCS=$$[QT_INSTALL_DOCS] qdoc3 my.qdocconf"

If the rule comes from qt (probably in a .prf under mkspecs/features)
then that rule could be updated to set the environment variable but
that's only likely to happen for variables that are generally useful for
everything.

--
Link