[Development] Branching 5.0

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Thu Nov 29 09:03:53 CET 2012

I know that branch naming is a possible topic for endless bike shedding. You can always find arguments against a certain name here. In the end it's not the most important thing whether it's called testing or stable. It's the meaning that we as a community associate with the branch name that's important.

But to shorten this: We've had that discussion a couple of months ago, and the names mentioned are the ones we in the end agreed to. let's stick to these. I won't re-open that discussion again.

Lars