[Development] Branching 5.0

Anttila Janne Janne.Anttila at digia.com
Fri Nov 30 08:10:20 CET 2012

Laszlo Papp wrote:

>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll at digia.com> wrote:
>>

>> I know that branch naming is a possible topic for endless bike
>> shedding. You can always find arguments against a certain name here. In
>> the end it's not the most important thing whether it's called testing or
>> stable. It's the meaning that we as a community associate with the
>> branch name that's important.
>
> In my opinion, d3fault now raised a valid concern from usability point of view
> this time.

Just want to point out that we have already everything in CI (testconfigs,
jenkins configs, integrator configs etc) prepared with branch names
"dev", "stable" and "release".

It is still possible to change CI configurations to follow different branch
naming, but the final decision must be in place 12:00 CET today.

If decision is not made before this deadline, I don't promise that CI will
be ready for branching during the weekend.

Br,
--
Janne Anttila
Senior Architect - Digia, Qt