[Development] Branching 5.0

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri Nov 30 06:38:22 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll at digia.com> wrote:

> I know that branch naming is a possible topic for endless bike shedding.
> You can always find arguments against a certain name here. In the end it's
> not the most important thing whether it's called testing or stable. It's
> the meaning that we as a community associate with the branch name that's
> important.

In my opinion, d3fault now raised a valid concern from usability point of
view this time.

> But to shorten this: We've had that discussion a couple of months ago, and
> the names mentioned are the ones we in the end agreed to. let's stick to
> these. I won't re-open that discussion again.

As I have seen, there was no common agreement in the thread [1], and you
have not posted any Chief maintainer decision either right in there. Please
you could close a thread next time with your decision in such cases right
in there? Really, I had the belief for this reason up to now that there was
no accepted solution.

Laszlo

*
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2012-September/006706.html