[Development] Preparing to release repackaged version of Qt 4.8.3 with Digia copyrights

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Wed Oct 3 21:49:38 CEST 2012

>> Thus I think we have two options with the 4.8.3-1:
>>
>> 1. Include the copyright change and MinGW fix
>> 2. Include only the copyright changes and fix MinGW in the next patch
>> release
>> 3. Call it 4.8.4 and accept that it can not be fetched from the
>> repository
>
>4. Call it 4.8.4, apply the copyright change and the MinGW fix and merge it
>back to the 4.8 branch.

I still think there is a bit too much hassle to get in the copyright changes (they touch about every file) but take out a rather large number of changes that are done after 4.8.3 but before the copyright changes.

For that reason we have prepared a similar copyright changes source file manually based on 4.8.3. It is now in testing and we would be soon ready to release it.

As said, the reason to do this are the fact that we have to do the copyright change, but wish to minimize the work and concentrate on Qt 5.0. Later when we do the 'real' 4.8.4 the copyrights are right as they are changes in the repo.

So my preference is still to pick one of the options #1 - #3.

Yours,

              Tuukka