[Development] Preparing to release repackaged version of Qt 4.8.3 with Digia copyrights

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Thu Oct 4 14:08:36 CEST 2012

On 4.10.2012 14.55, "shane.kearns at accenture.com"
<shane.kearns at accenture.com> wrote:

>> I see three critical things which must be released asap:
>>
>> 1. the (C) headers change
>> 2. MingW patch.
>> 3. d41dc3e101a694dec98d7bbb582d428d209e5401 - this is the SSL
>> workaround from Robin.
>>
>(Rich, not Robin)
>
>If the release is called 4.8.4, then the SSL security patch must be
>included, as we said 4.8.4 would include this in the security
>announcement.

Out of the 1-3 listed 2 and 3 have landed and 1 is partially there.

Once completed it is feasible to make 4.8.4 release from the repo as done
so far.

And there are also many other good contributions in the 4.8 branch that we
would like to release as well with the 4.8.4. But it takes time to do that
and right now we see it more important to get the next Qt 5.0 release out
in the next weeks as there are very important things to release in that as
well.

I must admit that the amount of resistance to issue 4.8.3-1 binary
installers to fix the MinGW and copyright issues is overwhelming.
Especially since many users have asked for the MinGW fix and packages are
available to release.

It may not be a perfect solution, but it is something we have available
now.

Yours,

		Tuukka