[Development] Preparing to release repackaged version of Qt 4.8.3 with Digia copyrights

Rafael Roquetto rafael.roquetto at kdab.com
Thu Oct 4 15:02:48 CEST 2012

Basically what you are doing is telling everyone there is no further
discussion.

My point is, it is not about leaving the users without the given changes. On
the contrary, I even suggested that yet another super critical patch gets
included (SSL), even though this means we are deviating from the standard
release workflow. The main goal here is to benefit the users. As I said
before, it's an excepcional case, but there is still the wrong way and the
right way. The right way is naming it 4.8.4.

I fail to understand the resistance on Digia's side to at least rationally discuss the
other proposed solutions to the problem. It is on the interest of everyone.
Instead, what we get are assertive answers stating what we already know, or
imposing some arbitrary options.

Furthermore, it still makes me wonder what is the big deal with repackaging
your already packaged packages. Shouldn't it be done automatically, i.e.
machine time? Care to elaborate?

Thanks,
Rafael

** Qt Developer Conference: http://qtconference.kdab.com/ **