[Development] New branch in qtdoc for Qt 5.0 documentation brush-up

Sergio Ahumada san at sansano.inf.utfsm.cl
Thu Oct 4 17:33:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 10/04/2012 05:21 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On Thursday, October 04, 2012 17:06:08 Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt wrote:
>> If
>> you are working on changes to the qtdoc repository, could you please
>> move it over to "newdocs" branch so we can minimize conflicts?
>
> Excuse my circular logic, but if everyone should commit to newdocs and no one
> should commit to master, let's delete the master branch entirely, rename
> newdocs to master and work there instead. That way, we we're done with this
> complicated branch issue before the newdocs branch was even created.
>
> In other words: Why create a branch at all?
>
> Thanks,

I think the idea is to release beta 2 with the current "master" and the
next release (beta 3 or rc1) with "newdocs".

If you do newdocs -> master .. then beta 2 will contain "newdocs" instead.

If you do "master -> olddocs" and newdocs -> master" then you might need
to change the release scripts and test that they work as expected (too
risky IMHO).

This is just how I understood the email, nothing official.

Cheers,
--
Sergio Ahumada Navea
san at sansano.inf.utfsm.cl