[Development] Preparing to release repackaged version of Qt 4.8.3 with Digia copyrights

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Fri Oct 5 10:11:25 CEST 2012

On 4.10.2012 17.42, "Rafael Roquetto" <rafael.roquetto at kdab.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 01:11:19PM +0000, Turunen Tuukka wrote:
>>

>> My preference is towards releasing now and making proper 4.8.4 (with
>>more
>> content) later. It is true that getting the security fix in is also
>> valuable and then we certainly need to call it 4.8.4.
>
>And what do you think about going down that road, instead? As suggested,
>you do not need to do the full release cycle. Would that work? I think
>that
>would make everyone happy.

It is true that there are many value adding improvements pending in the
4.8 branch - over 80 since 4.8.3.

So we will not release 4.8.3-1 with the new copyrights and MinGW fix as
advised by many of you.

We will start work to make 4.8.4, which we should then be able to release
in about two weeks. We will do that according to the defined release
process of 4.8 in order not to cause confusion and reduce risk of
regressions.

Yours,

		Tuukka